Aishwarya Rai is an Indian actress and model who is currently working in Bollywood. Aishwarya is the winner of Miss World 1994 pageant and since then she has been working in Bollywood giving us the best films in the history of Indian cinema. She is versatile and confident in all aspects. She is one of the most popular and established celebrities of India with a worldwide fan following. Aishwarya has won two Filmfare awards and she also got the Padma Shri by the government of India in 2009. She has been regarded as the most beautiful woman in the world.
Aishwarya won the best actress award for ‘Devdas’ and ‘Hum Dil de chuke Sanam’. She also got around ten Filmfare nominations. She was awarded the Padma Shri, fourth highest civilian honour by the Government of India in 2009. She was awarded the national order of France ‘Ordre des Arts et des Lettres’ in 2012. Verbe, Forbes, Rolling Stone, Time and many other magazines published her in their listings. She got a wax figure in Madame Tussauds Museum in October 2004 in London. Eastern Eye ranked her in the list of Asia’s Sexiest Women on the third position.
Aishwarya married Abhishek Bachchan on 20th April 2007 at the Bachchan residence in Juhu. Thousands of fans broke through the barricades and police had to resort to lathi charge. The wedding ceremony was a three-day private affair. The residence shifted from Juhu to Prateeksha where the actual ceremonies were conducted. Anil Ambani, Subroto Roy of the Sahara Parivar, Samajwadi politician Amar Singh, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mulayam Singh and several other celebrities showed up to the grand wedding. Shammi Kapoor, Ajay Devgan, Sanjay Dutt, Riteish Deshmukh, Dimple Kapadia, Preity Zinta, Ness Wadia, Sachin and Anjali Tendulkar were also present to congratulate the couple on their big day.
Aishwarya Rai Age: 45 yrs. Born on 1 November 1973
Aishwarya Rai Education Qualifications:
School: Arya Vidya Mandir, Mumbai
College: Jai Hind College, Mumbai
- G. Ruparel College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Mumbai
Educational Qualifications: College dropout
Father: Krishnaraj Rai
Mother: Vrinda Rai
Brother: Aditya Rai
Father in law: Amitabh Bachchan
Mother in law: Jaya Bachchan
Husband: Abhishek Bachchan
Aishwarya Rai Controversies:
- The intimate scenes of Aishwarya with Ranbir Kapoor in Ae Dil Hai Mushkil became a reason for another big controversy.
- In the 15th year of Cannes Film festival, Aishwarya showed up with purple lips which made her the victim of a lot of trolls on social media.
- Aishwarya and Salman’s relationship ruled the news at one point in time. They were considered to be the hottest couple and their chemistry was extremely loved by fans. However, when they broke up, Aishwarya said that he was mentally and physically abusive.
- After a breakup with Salman, she began dating Vivek Oberoi and there were rumors of a lot of fights between him and Salman to which Aishwarya referred to as immature.
- During the shoot of ‘Chalte’, there were rumors of a fight between Aishwarya and Shahrukh because of which he replaced her with Rani Mukherjee.
- When she was dating Abhishek during Dhoom 2, her intimate scene with Hrithik didn’t go down well with the Bachchan family.
- During the shoot of ‘Heroine’, Aishwarya kept her pregnancy hidden form Madhur Bhandarkar but when he came to know about it he replaced her with Kareena Kapoor.
Aishwarya Rai Net Worth: 35 million US Dollars
Social Media Handles: