Anupam Kher is an Indian actor and the current Chairman of Film and Television Institute of India. He has been a part of more than 500 films of different languages and he has also done theatre. He has also marked his presence in the International cinema like Bend it like Beckham, Lust, Caution and Silver Linings Playbook. All these films were recognized and nominated on big platforms. Silver Linings Playbook is an Oscar-winning film. He has won five Filmfare awards for Best Actor in a Comic Role. He also won the Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor for the film Vijay in 1988.
Anupam Kher Awards and Recognitions:
Anupam Kher won eight Filmfare awards for Saraansh, Vijay, Ram Lakhan, Daddy, Lamhe, Khel, Darr and Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge. He won a National Film award for
Daddy in 1990. He also won a Screen Award for the film 1942: A Love Story in 1994. Anupam won a Screen award for Haseena Maan Jayegi in the Best Comedian category in 1999. He won a Nation Film award for Maine Gandhi Ko Nahi Mara in 2005. He won two more awards at the Karachi and Riverside International Film festivals for the same film. He won two awards for Khosla Ka Ghosla in 2007. Anupam got the Padma Shri in 2004 and Padma Bhushan in 2016.
Anupam Kher Marriage:
Anupam Kher married Kirron Kher in 1985 and their love story is no less than a Bollywood movie. They both were initially in an arranged marriage which was not working in either case. They met through the Chandigarh theatre and slowly their friendship turned into love. Soon they decided to marry each other and everything fell in its right place. They had to face a log of rough time in the marriage but they strongly went through it through love and strength.
Anupam Kher Age: 62 years. Born on 7 March 1955
Anupam Kher Education Qualifications:
School: D.A.V. School, Shimla, HP, India
College: Punjab University, Chandigarh, India
National School of Drama, New Delhi, India
Qualifications: Graduate in Theatre Drama
Anupam Kher Family:
Mother: Dulari Kher
Brother: Raju Kher
Spouse: Kirron Kher
Son: Sikandar Kher
Niece: Vrinda Kher
Anupam Kher Controversies:
- Anupam shared a picture depicting Kashmiri Pandits which were posted at a very sensitive time and was considered to be offensive as it was featuring the bodies of little kids.
- When he got the Padma Bhushan in 2016 and expressed on Twitter as to how happy he was to receive such an honor, he still got backlashed. This was because of a tweet he had made in 2010 stating that the award-giving system in India has no authenticity left.
- When Aamir Khan started India to be a completely intolerant county, Anupam Kher mentioned him in a series of tweets which again created a lot of controversies.
- He was denied a visa to Pakistan because he is a Kashmiri Pandit and he may expose Pak terror nexus as stated by him in a tweet.
- When Shashi Tharoor made a comment on his statement that he is scared to be a Hindu. They both got into a Twitter war.
- When the JNU incident was going on, all those against the regime were pests according to him.
- Anupam called all the people who were a part of the Award vapes to trend the Award Vapsi gang.
Anupam Kher Net Worth: 400 crores.
Salary: 15 Lac per show.
Social Media Handles:
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/anupampkher/