Sachin Tendulkar is a former Indian cricketer and batsman who is known for his batting skills all over the world. He has been the Indian cricket team captain and started playing cricket at the age of eleven. He played his first test match against Pakistan at the age of sixteen and has been unstoppable since then. His records are tremendous and unbeatable as he is the only player to score one hundred international centuries. Also, he was the first Indian batsman who made it to a double century in one day international. The only player to reach the mark of 30,000 runs in international cricket and maximum runs in ODI and test cricket.
For his outstanding achievements in sports, Sachin bagged the Arjuna award in 1994. He got India’s highest sporting honor, the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award in 1997. He also got the Padma Shri in 1999 and Padma Vibhushan in 2008. In 2013, he got India’s highest civilian award which is the Bharat Ratna. The Indian Air Force awarded him the honorary rank of group captain and he was the first sportsperson who got this rank.
Sachin Tendulkar Other recognitions:
Sachin Tendulkar was being nominated to the upper house of the Parliament of India, Rajya Sabha in 2012 which was a great token of respect. In the same year, he was named an Honorary Member of the Order of Australia. In an all-time Test World XI named to mark the 150th anniversary of Wisden Cricketers’ Almanack, he was the only Indian cricketer to be a part of it.
Sachin Tendulkar married Anjali Mehta who is a pediatrician by profession. They got married on 24 May 1995 after almost five years of dating each other. Sachin’s wife, Anjali gave up on her career to look after the two kids about which she has no regrets.
Sachin Tendulkar age: 47 years
Born on 24 April 1973
Sachin Tendulkar Education Qualifications:
School: Sharadashram Vidyamandir High school
Education qualifications: 12th pass
Father: Ramesh Tendulkar
Mother: Rajni Tendulkar
Spouse: Anjali Tendulkar
Brother: Nitin Tendulkar
Brother: Ajit Tendulkar
Sister: Savita Tendulkar
Daughter: Sara Tendulkar
Son: Arjun Tendulkar
Sachin Tendulkar Controversies:
- Match referee Mike Denness once accused him of ball-tampering.
- When Sachin completed his 29 century, Fiat gifted him a Ferrari which didn’t go well with the citizens.
- When he stepped into politics, Bal Thakre condemned his act.
- When Harbhajan Singh was going to be banned for three matches for passing racist comments, Sachin came to his rescue and the penalty was reduced to a fine.
- In 2007, he cut a cake with the colors of the Indian flag in it which again led him to a lot of trouble.
- According to Adam Gilchrist, Sachin was the last person to shake hands with the members of the opposing team after a particular match.
- When he askes tax exemption for a part of his fees by claiming that they were earned as an actor but it basically didn’t go well with the public.
- When he was done with the housewarming party of his house, it was found that he is not having the necessary permit for the house because of which he had to pay a fine.
- When he was socializing in London instead of pledging, it couldn’t be digested well by the citizens.
Sachin Tendulkar net worth: $170 million
Social media handles: