Manushi Chhillar, a girl from Sonipat, Haryana, is an Indian model and crowned Miss World 2017. She was born on 14 May 1997 to Jat family in Haryana. She is also beauty pageant Title holder model. She is the first since Priyanka Chopra won Miss World 2000 & sixth Indian woman to win Miss World.
Manushi Chhillar Personal life
Her father, Dr. Mitre Base Chhillar, is a scientist at the Defence Research and Development Organisation, while her mother, Dr. Neelam Chhillar, is an associate professor and department head of neurochemistry at the Institute of Human Behaviour and Allied Sciences.
Her education is from St. Thomas’ School and is pursuing a medical degree at the Braga Pool Singh Medical College.
Facts about Manushi Chhillar
- She is an excellent dancer, especially in Kuchipudi dance.
- She has also attended the National School of Drama.
- She is also a trained classical singer.
- She is an adventure junkie and loves paragliding, bungee jumping, snorkeling and scuba diving.
- She has been actively associated women safety and empowerment and has started a program called Shakhty Project through which women are made aware of hygiene during menstruation. She has changed the lives of 5000 women by visiting more than 20 villages.
Manushi Chhillar Career – Pageantry
- On 25 June 2017, Chillan took part in the Femina Miss India 2017 competition, representing the state of Haryana.
- Chhillar was crowned Miss Photogenic, earning the right to represent India at the Miss World 2017 competition.
- Manushi Chhillar had earlier this year won the Femina Miss India 2017.
- At Sanya City Arena in China Manushi competed against 108 contestants from various countries.
- The coveted crown was given to Manushi by Miss World 2016 winner Puerto Rico’s Stephanie Del Valle
- A 21-year-old from Haryana had made it in a list of top five at the pageant.
- Top five at the pageant: India, England, France, Kenya, and Mexico
- Chhillar was crowned Miss World 2017 on 18 November 2017.
Manushi Chhillar Controversies
Manushi gives a graceful reply to Mr. Shashi Tharoor, Congress leader attempt to attack the Centre over demonetization using her surname.